Commis Chef - Marlborough
Commis Chef – Rick Stein Marlborough
Working as a Chef within a professional kitchen can be a very rewarding career. At the Rick Stein Group you are encouraged to learn and grow your skills and have the opportunity to experience different styles of food and kitchen environments across our restaurants.
We are looking for people who share our passion for great food and are looking to grow within a supportive team. As a Commis Chef you will support the kitchen team with food preparation and ensure your work is to the highest standard at all times.
Rick Stein Marlborough was opened by Rick Stein and Jill Stein in October 2016. The beautiful Lloran house is situated along Marlborough high street and the restaurant expands over 3 floors. Guests can enjoy some of Rick’s most iconic dishes such as the Dover Sole a la Meunière and Turbot Hollandaise as well as a selection of new dishes.
We’re passionate about working with fresh ingredients and developing our people to be the best that they can be. You will have many opportunities to develop your skills and we will give you all of the guidance that you need. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers since our first restaurant, The Seafood Restaurant, was opened in Padstow in 1975.
The benefits you’ll receive as Commis Chef:
- A share of tips for restaurant, kitchen, reservations and housekeeping teams
- 20% discount in our shops and restaurants
- A complimentary meal for yourself and a guest in one of our restaurants each year after your first six months
- Preferential rates for friends and family at our cookery school
- A reward when you recommend a friend to work with us
- Rewards as part of our recognition scheme which range from a bottle of wine to a prize worth up to £250
- Full-time and part-time opportunities to suit your circumstances
- The opportunity to join a childcare voucher scheme (until April 2018)
- The opportunity to work overtime on top of your normal working hours
- Access to our employee assistance programme provided by leading charity Hospitality Action
- Team events with the opportunity to meet Rick Stein and Jill Stein
Your responsibilities as Commis Chef:
- Preparing food and working with quality ingredients
- Developing your understanding of the food being served by taking part in tastings
- Learning about stock rotation and rotating stock as required
- Working effectively with a team of chefs
- Working with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to monitor stock levels
- Continually pushing to improve your knowledge and skills
If this sounds like the next step in your career as a Commis Chef, we’d love to hear from you!
Click the apply button to submit your application.