Chef de Partie - Grassington
Chef de Partie - The Devonshire - Grassington, Skipton
Full Time, Permanent | £9.00 per hour
We are looking for a Chef de Partie to join our friendly team at The Devonshire Grassington. The recently renovated pub in the stunning village of Grassington just 10 miles out of Skipton and at the heart of the Yorkshire Dales, The Devonshire is a quaint Inn with higgledy piggledy windows and baby bays. Serving the best ales, traditional, freshly prepared pub food, offering 8 newly refurbished guest bedrooms and the warmth of the Yorkshire locals we have a perfect package.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for fresh local produce, be capable and willing to cook to a high standard and able to handle the pressure in a busy kitchen environment. They will also have a good understanding of food hygiene and food safety and be jointly responsible for maintaining the highest standards.
This is a great opportunity to join a new and exciting venture as we look to push the business, forward following a successful 2018.
Responsibilities will be:
- Participate in the preparation of high quality food.
- Ensure that all food is produced in a timely and efficient manner and meets the highest standards of taste, quality and presentation.
- Participate in and supervise the preparation and cooking of menu items. Ensure that sufficient quantities of food are prepared for service, using correct cooking methods and ensuring wastage is minimised.
- Manage the garnishing of food, ensure all food is checked for taste, appearance and garnish prior to service, and is of the agreed portion size.
- Participate in the preparation of food in accordance with portion specification to achieve budgeted GP.
- Manage and participate in the cleaning down of work areas and equipment, all cleaning carried out in accordance with the site cleaning schedules.
- Maintain work and staff areas to a safe and hygienic standard adhering to the statements laid down by the HASAW Act 1974. Report faults as per Company guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with all team members and participate in all site activities.
- Take all available opportunities to develop yourself within the role.
- Carry out any duties as instructed by your Head Chef, General Manager and Operations Support team.
- Take responsibility for achieving profit targets through effective costings, minimising wastage and correct product measurement.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an hourly rate of £9/hour plus tips, and work within a highly regarded, family run pub. Shift pattern will be dictated by the needs of the business and will be spread over 5 days.
Apply for Chef de Partie - Grassington
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly