Head Chef - Grassington
Head Chef - The Devonshire - Grassington, Skipton
Up to £32,000 per annum
We are looking for a Head Chef to join our friendly team at The Devonshire Grassington. The recently renovated pub in the stunning village of Grassington just 10 miles out of Skipton and at the heart of the Yorkshire Dales, The Devonshire is a quaint Inn with higgledy piggledy windows and baby bays. Serving the best ales, traditional, freshly prepared pub food, offering 8 newly refurbished guest bedrooms and the warmth of the Yorkshire locals we have a perfect package.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a senior role within a kitchen, have a passion for fresh local produce, be experienced and willing to cook to a high standard, and able to handle the pressure in a busy kitchen environment. They will also have an excellent understanding of food hygiene and food safety and be responsible for maintaining the highest standards. The role will compromise managing all aspects of a busy kitchen, maintaining efficient and profitable service, maximising the profitability through effective cost controls, and to maintain consistent standards of service ensuring customer satisfaction.
This is a great opportunity to join a new and exciting venture as we look to push the business, forward following a successful 2018.
- Manage, supervise, and participate in the preparation of high quality food.
- Ensure that all food is produced in a timely and efficient manner and meets the highest standards of taste, quality and presentation.
- Manage the kitchen operation, complying with hygiene and health and safety legislation at all times.
- Manage the kitchen team, ensuring there are adequate and efficient kitchen team members available at all times.
- Be responsible and accountable for food safety audits. Ensure that action points that arise as an outcome of food audits are actioned immediately and signed off.
- Be responsible for food ordering, stock rotation and stocking levels.
- Be responsible for achieving profit targets through effective costings, minimising wastage and correct product measurement.
- Manage, motivate, train, develop and assist kitchen team members to deliver house standards.
- Manage the preparation and cooking of menu items. Ensure that sufficient quantities of food are prepared for service, using correct cooking methods and ensuring wastage is minimised.
- Manage the garnishing of food, ensure all food is checked for taste, appearance and garnish prior to service and is of the agreed portion size.
- Manage the preparation of food in accordance with portion specification to achieve budgeted GP.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with salary of up to £32,000 depending on experience, and work within a highly regarded, family run pub. Shift pattern will be dictated by the needs of the business and will be spread over 5 days.