Pub & Grill Manager - Cardiff
Pub & Grill Manager - Cardiff
Purpose of the role:
- To ensure service delivery at every point of sale in the Pub & Grill.
- Deliver the food and beverage strategy across the Pub & Grill in order to achieve budgeted commercial returns.
- Drive consistent standards and profit performance through effective selection of resource, inspiration and development of the Pub & Grill team.
- This role is all about driving quality and value that ensures great guest experiences, by being obsessed about standards and hospitality, then leading and challenging the team to achieve the highest levels of service.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Achieve budgeted revenue target
- Achieve beverage gross profit
- Achieve budgeted payroll percentages
- Achieve budgeted EBITDA
- Achieve budgeted food GP% for the hotel
Achieve targeted guest rate / revinate / mystery guest scores for:
- Bar overall satisfaction.
- Bar dining overall satisfaction.
- Restaurant overall satisfaction.
- Restaurant dining overall satisfaction.
- Breakfast dining overall satisfaction.
- Overall satisfaction.
Create an engaged Pub & Grill team through development opportunities, reward & recognition and a culture of team work and support.
Reward success & drive performance.
- Define and execute a local sales and marketing strategy and business plan for the year.
- Communicate the strategy and create buy in with all Pub & Grill team.
- Break down the strategy into quarterly plans and brief this into stakeholders in a timely and effective manner.
- Monitor progress on the delivery of the strategy operationally and also through the P&L.
- Brand Delivery
- Ensure brand standards are delivered consistently.
- Ensure pre shift briefings take place that promote selling, product knowledge and great hospitality.
- Promote excellence brand standards.
- Create an intensity around excellence and service that drives performance.
- Make sure shift checklists are in place and that you consistently show behaviour to communicate your passion for the brand.
- Product Knowledge
- Ensure all of the Pub & Grill team have tasted and been tested on their knowledge for each menu prior to launch dates.
- Foster a culture of passion for food and beverage knowledge.
- Maximise utilisation of suppliers to deliver product training on a regular basis.
- Sales & Marketing:
- Ensure there is a localised outreach plan in line with Central Office initiatives.
- Ensure there is a localised events calendar to suit business needs.
- Ensure departments plan and cost local marketing activity events to ensure they achieve an appropriate return on investment
- Achieve top 10 ranking on Trip Advisor for your local area.
- Engage other departments such as reception and leisure in promoting local marketing events.
- Research sales mix trends and adjust merchandising to promote and drive sales of high cash and percentage margin items.
- People Development
- Create engagement in the food and beverage strategy, keep all stakeholders up to date with what is coming up
- Lead Pub & Grill team by attracting, recruiting, training and developing.
- Share experience and personal passion to lead and embed a strong development culture and training and development is consistently high priority.
- Recruit team leaders and managers who embody the role model descriptions of the high performance behaviours.
- Using the KPIs, benchmark individual team members performance in terms of sales, and through our online appraisal system to review their performance against the five high performance behaviours.
- Review wage cost and ensure staffing levels are at the appropriate levels to drive conversion.
- Ensure stock is kept to the correct par levels.
- Ensure all relevant stock control procedures and best practice procedures are in place
- Team Liaison
- Work effectively with other departments within the hotel
- Comply with the Food Safety and Health and Safety procedures as specified by external and internal audits to achieve a minimum of 85%.
- Role model the five high performance behaviours.
Apply for Pub & Grill Manager - Cardiff
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly