Senior Sous Chef
The Wave is the first inland-surfing destination of its kind, where people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities can experience the joy of surfing and its many physical and mental health benefits.
Our F&B area can seat 300+ visitors (inside and out) and is a high-volume operation. We feed and water super hungry visitors pre & post surf, our guests who are staying at The Camp – a 25 safari tent set up introduced in 2021, and spectators who are simply here to watch and hangout at our amazing venue.
As Senior sous chef you will work with our head chef to develop a team who are engaged, eager to learn and empowered to deliver the highest standards all the time. Operationally you will be able to turn your hand to all areas of the kitchen and use your skills to train and develop the wider team. Establishing yourself as a role model not only due to your knowledge but also due to the way you approach the challenges of leading a busy service. We want you to help us Train, develop & nurture the curiosity of your team to increase their skills & contribution & also progress their careers.
Our ideal new Wavemaker will need to have had 2 years’ experience working within a high-volume kitchen environment and have a real passion for food to keep up with our amazing kitchen team!
In return you’ll get:
- Paid breaks
- No split shifts
- 30 days of paid holiday (inclusive of bank hols)
- Free staff surfs up to 3 times a week
- Staff discounts on retail of up 20%
- Up to 50% off your surf bookings
- Up to 40% off your food and beverage items while on shift
- Up to 25% off our accommodation
- Free Electric car charging
- The chance to work with a great team within a growing company