Head of Pastry | Viennoiserie Section - Brighton
Head of Pastry | Viennoiserie Section - Brighton (relocation support offered )
£28-30k / Full-time
The Flour Pot Bakery is a family owned independent artisan bakery in Portslade (Brighton & Hove), specialising in long fermented sourdough, yeasted breads and viennoiserie. We serve our own Flour Pot shops across East Sussex and a growing wholesale customer base that appreciate the best quality handcrafted products.
Our pastry | viennoiserie section has a range including croissants, pain au chocolat, pain raisin, and a selection of vegan and danish pastries. The job outline and requirements as follows:
- Understand all aspects of pastry and viennoiserie (croissant/brioche/creams/tarts, proofing, baking etc.)
- Experienced in all laminated dough and different laminating techniques using a pastry break.
- Laminating dough and shaping croissants and other styles of viennoiserie
- Understand the quality of product expected and how to edit product that is not to that standard
- Execute recipe processes and techniques to ensure consistency and quality
- Recipe research and development
- Attention to detail and hygiene
- Properly train and direct incoming pastry team members.
- Managing the sections orders and stock.
- Keeping an open channel of communication with the Head Baker and company management.
- Maximise efficiency in all areas of production and execute proper time management during shifts
- The ability to work gracefully in a high-volume and fast-paced workplace
- The ability to problem solve and work to the highest efficiencies
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years experience in a similar role.
Please note that applications can only be considered if you are currently legally entitled to work in the UK. We are not presently recruiting from outside the EU. Applicants must be able to attend a trial and/or commence work in Brighton immediately. Fluent English language skills are essential.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary (with overtime)
- Relocation support
- Pension scheme
- Staff discounts in-store
- 28 days holiday (inc. bank holidays)
- Career progression
- Plus more
The Flour Pot Bakery is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We believe a diverse team is a successful team. We want to offer opportunities to people from all backgrounds irrespective of age, disability, gender and transgender status, race and ethnicity, religion and belief (including no belief), marriage or civil partnership status or sexual orientation. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of background